WEF awards grants of up to $1,500 each to Windsor’s educators to implement creative learning projects and programs.
In 2018, 14 grants totaling $15,989 were awarded to Windsor Public Schools teachers. Read about the projects.
The application period for 2019 grants opens in September 2018. Teachers, get your idea funded and give our kids the experiential learning opportunities that can spark their passions. The Grant Review Committee generally looks for a variety of proposals from all grade levels and schools that:
- Are consistent with the Windsor Board of Education district and school goals
- Impact students with varying learning abilities
- Fall outside the regular operating budget
- Will ultimately impact/benefit a large number of individuals; in other words, the impact of the grant is not a one-time benefit to a single group of students, but may benefit additional students long term.
- Encourage professional collaboration.
- Promote school and community communication.