WEF awards grants of up to $1,500 each to Windsor’s educators to implement creative learning projects and programs.
The application period for 2018 grants has closed. Teachers can apply for 2019 program grants starting in September 2018.
In 2017, WEF grants funded the CT Kid Governor Program, Level-Up Village Global Doctors DNA program, Sage Park Leaders program, WHS Peer Mediation program, and so many more. Get your idea funded and give our kids the experiential learning opportunities that can spark their passions. The Grant Review Committee generally looks for a variety of proposals from all grade levels and schools that:
- Are consistent with the Windsor Board of Education district and school goals
- Impact students with varying learning abilities
- Fall outside the regular operating budget
- Will ultimately impact/benefit a large number of individuals; in other words, the impact of the grant is not a one-time benefit to a single group of students, but may benefit additional students long term.
- Encourage professional collaboration.
- Promote school and community communication.